Credit Unions, Building Socities and Mutual Banks are bound by the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice. The Code has been developed in close consultation with the community, government, consumer groups and our members.
We are focused on providing real value to our members through competitive interest rates, personalised service and a fee structure that is based on mutual support as Credit Unions and mutual building societies are owned by our members.
Just like a bank, we are a regulated financial institution which is required to comply with:
> Responsible financial management requirements (under the Banking Act 1959, regulated by APRA)
> Corporate and financial services' licensing, advice and training and disclosure regulated (under the Corporations Act 2001 regulated by ASIC)
> Consumer credit laws
> Privacy, fair trading and other Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation
We also choose to subsribe to the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice as a public expression of our moral promise to members to uphold the fundamental principles of mutuality, transparency and fairness.
1. We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
2. We will focus on our members
3. We will give you clear information about our products and service
4. We will be responsible lenders
5. We will deliver high member service and standards
6. We will deal fairly with any complaints
7. We will recognise member rights as owners
8. We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
9. We will recognise our impact on the wider community
10. We will support and promote the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
Download the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
If you have any questions, please contact us